Time sometimes doesn’t seem to be on our side when we think of all the things we “could” do. Particularly when we add a majority of online noise coming into our lives.
I re-call about 15 years ago when someone talking about the inter-net being just “another” resource. There tone was a little terse or sardonic. But for some it seems that what they may have been hinting at that some have taken it to an extreme. The internet has become life for them. It lives and breathes their opinions, their searching, their relationships, their relaxation, their education, their business and work, their privacy. And if there is anything left from that well you are maybe the more analytical type. I’d like to get to know you. Do leave me a comment.
Tell me – what can you do outside of the internet?
- Garden and producing and cooking
- Talking to people face to face
- Personal handwritten letters and notes
- Hand crafts
- Starting a Bullet Journal (An analogue “way” in a digital world)
- Bushwalking and camping to appreciate our natural environment
- Community groups and activities
- Skill learning – i.e. sewing, knitting, metalwork, setting up a sales stall
Yes it is helpful that you can learn a language, hunt for particular recipes, learn the “how to’s” and ask all sorts of questions of the internet. Don’t forget though life of another type is passing you by. It is also something that the brain seems to handle a whole lot differently. In the way we learn and the way we communicate. Do take note!